Legislative Action Days
April 22-23, 2024 | Sacramento, CA
Each year, approximately 400 education leaders throughout the state bring their regional teams to Sacramento to advocate for California’s 6.1 million students. ACSA staff, along with experts in the field, will provide members with briefings and guidance on current issues in education as well as offer the tools to directly lobby the legislature. Join us to hear our legislative priorities and advocate for leadership, equity, support and investment on behalf of California’s students and educators.
Need Help Getting Started?
- Download the Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit.
- Reach out to your Region President or Region Vice President for Legislative Action to see if an existing team has already joined the effort.
- If no advocacy team exists....start one!
- Work with your region to develop an effort that will work locally.
- Contact Suzanne Caffrey at if you need help connecting with your region team.
Grassroots Advocacy Quick-Tips
- Be well informed. Do your research before you meet with your legislator - this will help you identify with them and communicate clearly.
- Understand other perspectives. Anticipate being presented with an opposing view and don't be afraid to have an indepth discussion.
- Be clear on your desired outcome. Educate, then advocate.
- Make it personal. Meet face to face whenever possible.
- Know your audience. Understand who the individual legislators are and how much influence they have in the field of education.
- Bring positivity to the table. Focus on presenting solutions and options to resolve the problem instead of focusing on the problem itself.