New Superintendents Seminar Series (NSSS)
ACSA’s New Superintendents Seminar Series (NSSS) is the only professional development series that is specifically designed for the first- and second-year superintendent. The program provides participants with a cohort of “new superintendent” colleagues in a year-long program of five two-day workshops.
NSSS brings new superintendents together to tackle current issues in a confidential and supportive setting. Through a seminar format, practical topics specific to the role of superintendent are explored, examined and discussed. Experienced superintendents provide wisdom, expertise, experience and guidance to new superintendents.
If you are a new superintendent, NSSS is the cohort and professional development for you.
This professional learning series is designed for first- and second-year superintendents.
- Goal Setting: Working in partnership with the Governing Board to establish annual goals.
- Culture Building: Establishing a culture that is inclusive and welcoming for all.
- Leadership: Leadership Matters and it starts with the Superintendent.
- Evaluation: Creating systems of improvement.
- Negotiations: Setting the stage for success and a collaborative process.
- Governance: Appreciating, respecting and partnering with the Governing Board.
- Human Resources: Navigating complex personnel issues.
- Taking Stock: Appreciating what has gone well and future planning.
More learning opportunities like this...
Dates & Locations
Session 1: Sept. 22-23 | ACSA Sacramento
Session 2: Nov. 17-18 | ACSA Sacramento
Session 3: Jan. 23-24 | Indian Wells
Session 4: March 8-9 | ACSA Sacramento
Session 5: April 26-27 | ACSA Sacramento
ACSA Member: $2,900
Non Member: $3,900
For more information, contact Joanne Flowers.
Not an ACSA member yet? Complete the online membership application form and under the recruiter by or promo code field enter code NSSS23 ($2/day) promotional rate* (*based upon eligibility)!